FOR INFORMATIONS AND CONTACT: ALEX RICCI +39 339 298 0293
9 april 2017
A classic of the Tyrrhenian Sea, that opens the season of Italian OFFSHORE races. Taking place during April, starting and finishing from Riva di Traiano. Sailing southwards along some spectacular scenery to the Aeolian Islands. With a course passing the Ventotene and Santo Stefano islands in both race directions, and then returning after 500 nautical miles nonstop.
Course duration - regatta:
Thursday, 6th April 2017 at dinner time until one day after the completion of the race /regatta.
DURATION OF THE RACE: 4 days
CREW PLACES AVAILABLE: 8 People
This offshore race is not suitable for beginners; Crew members should have some sailing experience, including:
· Having participated in a minimum of two J.S.A courses during 2016 and 2017.
· Participated in races with JUNOPLANO during 2015 and 2016.
· Previous offshore racing experience with a relevent C.V.
Thursday. 06.04.2017. 20.00 hours Our race crew will meet for dinner and itinerary briefings for the next day.
Friday. 07.04.2017. 09.00 hours Registration of the boat at the Race Office. The crew will be given a Safety brief and Emergency procedures introduction. Preparation of the yacht for racing. Securing and stowage of all gear on and below deck. Preparing and selection of the sails that are to be used relevent to the weather conditions. Briefing on sail trimming, for all possible weather conditions. Rope work. Knowledge of facilities below deck including the galley.
Including Passage Plans, itinerary, navigation and watch system details. Crew roles on board and finally up to date weather information.
Saturday. 08.04.2017. 09.00 hours. Boat preparation. A ideal opportunity before the actual race, for a training sail will be undertaken, to enabling the crew to become accustomed to the boat, within the 20–40 nautical mile coastal waters off the port of Riva di Traiano.
Sunday – Race Start. We calculate four days for the 510 miles of racing, (or more if there are light winds) all is dependent on the weather conditions.
· Skipper and First Mate services.
· Yacht, gas and diesel.
· Use of facilities on-board.
· Race entry fees.
· Meals, drinks and snacks on-board.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
· Personal Locator beacons (PLB) – (€50.00 on-board hire.)
· Life jacket, safety line, strobe light. (€15.00 on-board hire.)
· Wet Weather high visibility waterproofs. (€50.00 on-board hire.)
· Nightlight/headlamp with red and white light. (€10.00 on board hire if yours is deemed unsuitable.)
· Non marking deck shoes, sailing waterproof boots.
· Personal travel and hotel expenses for the duration of the event.
· Meals, beverages and snacks consumed off the boat.(Extra to those provided by the Racing organisation.)
PRICE: 600,00 EURO
NEWSLETTER - Stay up to date on our sailing programs and events
You will periodically receive the events calendar, with the courses and races of Junoplano Sail Academy programme throughout the year.
Junoplano Sail Academy
Marina di Carmelo